What are Kelly Kettles?
Kelly Kettles are the original carbon-neutral volcano kettle. The design is simple, yet highly effective at boiling water rapidly, using only natural fuels, such as leaves, pinecones, twigs and any other natural source of kindling. Kelly Kettles offer several different sizes and designs. Kelly kettles are popular amongst scouts, fishermen and campers, so if you're looking for a bushcraft kettle, a volcano kettle for trekking or just an eco-friendly campfire kettle, then look no further than the original and the best outdoor fire-fuelled kettle by Kelly Kettles.
Base Camp‘ Kettle
– the traditional size used by Irish Fishermen. 1.6ltr capacity. Great for groups, family outings, leaving in Boats, Car Camping, Garden Allotments, Power Outages, etc.
– a mid sized kettle. 1.2 litre capacity. Same width as the Base Camp but not as tall. Great for small groups, Scouts, Family Picnics, Beach, etc.
– the smallest kettle. 0.6 litre capacity. Same height as the Scout kettle, but thinner for packing small. Ideal for 1-2 people. Great for Backpacking, Trekking, Kayaking, Hill Walking, etc.
How to Use a Kettle?
- Remove the kettle from the base and fill with water.
- Put some tinder into the base of the kettle and light. We tend to carry a fire steel, which is a very good way of lighting a fire without matches or a lighter.
- When the tinder is lit, put the kettle back onto the base and quickly feed the fire with twigs, dry leaves, or whatever other materials you have at hand, by dropping them through the chimney. When we are in a woodland we find that the side branches of conifer trees work very well in the Kelly kettle as they are brittle and full of resin so catch light quickly, even in wet weather.
- The water should boil quickly and then you can have yourself a nice cup of tea!
For Kelly Kettles in Stirling, Contact Calido Logs & Stoves Today
At Calido Logs & Stoves have many customers throughout the whole of Scotland and are the local choice when it comes to multi fuel and wood burning stoves along with many wood burning and stove accessories.
As the years have passed our business has grown vastly but still operates from our base in Stirling and across Scotland. Our customer base started in Stirling, but now stretches to Dundee, Dunfermline, Glasgow, Perth and so on. Simply give us a call on 01786-357-057 or 0751-549-8006, converse via our online chat system, email or even come and visit us!